Mineral Wells High School Science Department encourages students to experience all the science disciplines that we have to offer here at MWHS.
The department wants all the students to experence both aspects of science, the theoretical and experimental. Using the scientific method as our basis for teaching, our students will be capable of developing a scientific viewpoint that transcends individual science disciplines.
This will result in a logical, evidence-based approach to problem-solving that will allow the students to make informed decisions about personal, societal and global issues.
We promote a lifelong interest in the sciences by:
- Modeling excellence and innovation in science teaching and learning
- Introducing technology into our classrooms
- Engaging students in inquiry-based learning experiences
- Promoting independent thinking in our students and our colleagues
- Building an environment that encourages self-initiated critical thinking and problem solving
- Valuing and encouraging collaborative and collegial behavior among teachers as well as students
- Promoting student accountability and integrity in student work
- Encouraging all students in participate in research activities
- Providing our students with an awareness of global issues in science